Supply as per GST law
Section 7(1) of CGST Act: for the purpose of CGST Act, the expression ‘supply’ includes:
- All forms of supply of goods or services or both, made or agreed to be made for a consideration by a person in the course or furtherance of business, such as:
- Importation of services for a consideration whether or not in the course or furtherance of business.
- The activities specified in Schedule I made or agreed to be made without a consideration.
- Activities to be treated as supply of goods or services in Schedule II.
Activities which are neither supply of goods or services:
- As specified in Schedule III.
- Activities or transactions undertaken by Central / State Government / local authority, in which they are engaged as public authorities as notified.